Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mermaids!

I must tell you that watching Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides has gotten me interested in mermaids. I remember when I was younger, of course, pretending I was one in the pool in our backyard. I wasn't actually playing The Little Mermaid or anything, but as that was the only thing with mermaids in it that I can remember watching as a child, I can only assume I go
t my idea from there. Anyway, I haven't done that in years. But soon, I hope to change that.
Yes, I will be a mermaid again.

But this time, I will actually have a tail.

Yep, Andrea and/or mom will be helping me make one that I can actually swim in. They make ones with mono-fins too, so you actually have that flipper action, but I'm trying this one first before I spend the big bucks.

Oh, and there is so much more to being a mermaid than just the tail. You must have a beautiful singing voice, radiant complexion, and long flowing hair. Oops. I guess I shouldn't have cut mine last November, eh? XD

So that's it then. I'll see if I can't post some pictures of my tail once it's done. And who knows? Maybe there's still a chance of swimming this year (I kind of doubt it, but one can hope, right?). Or at least, next spring or summer. :)

-The Writer

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out the top, as I am NOT going to be seen in public in anything akin to a bra. Savvy??

No comments:

Post a Comment